Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Word on Travel : Getting to Toronto




Toronto, Canada’s largest city, is situated on the shores of sparkling Lake Ontario that is slightly smelly (so says Geoffrey). Toronto is about a 10-hour drive from New York, and Washington and, as it so happens, Chicago too.

For most of those flying to Toronto, the best airport to come into is Pearson International (YYZ). The airport is about 16 miles from downtown and is easily accessible by taxi (approx $50), airport bus ($18.50) and public transit ($2.75).

For folks flying in from the New York City area, a small airline called Porter Airlines flies direct from Newark to the Toronto City Centre airport, which is on a small island downtown. I know that an airport on a small island downtown sounds crazy, but I promise, it’s true!

For those of you coming from abroad—an important bit of business regarding getting here.


If you are flying, you’ll need a passport.


If you are coming by land (or sea for that matter) you’ll need a passport or a government issued ID such as a driver’s license.

Check out this link for more details on cross-border travel

If you are an American and don’t have a passport yet you can find out about applying for one here

That’s all from HQ for now! Next up...Pillow Talk: Where to rest your head for your T.O. stay

“My name is Geoffrey McGrath and I approved this message”

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What's the weather like in Toronto in October? Do I need a parka and three sled dogs?