Monday, March 10, 2008

In Honour of the Impressive Clergyman


Welcome to the wedding blog of Geoffrey and Leigh! I thought I would open the blog with a posting of the Impressive Clergyman himself, Peter Cook, because when ever I think of marriage -- I hear him in my head saying to the Princess Bride; Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday and wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva.

Over the coming months we'll post details about the wedding -- getting there, where to stay, you know-- all the things the etiquette books tell me I can't write in an invitation.

So check on back every once in a while and feel free to leave any questions you may have.

all for now!
leigh

"My name is Geoffrey McGrath and I have approved this message"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This IS an impressive clergyman. Will he be presiding over your ceremony?
I did have an early question about Wedding Wear for Ladies. It is, are Canadian weddings like British weddings I've seen on various PBS performances? That is, are ladies expected to wear large hats to this event? If a Significant Hat is expected, I'll begin searching now.
Thanks ever so much.
A friend in Arlington.

leigh said...

Hats of any significance are welcome, but not required and please, if you do wear a hat be considerate of the view of the guest that may be sitting behind you. Special points to anyone arriving with a Sorting Hat.
-L